Nigerian churches have increased with the inauguration and altar dedication service of Pillar of Truth Christian Ministry (Aladura) Ojokoro, Lagos, as an additional member of the body of Christ in the country.
Apostle Oluwakemi Togun, the host minister of the nascent ministry heaved a sign of gratitude and fulfillment at the altar dedication of the new ministry conducted by some church leaders who officially declared Pillar of Truth Christian Ministry (Aladura) opened for holy fellowship, worship and services unto the Almighty God.
After 20 years of dedicated, faithful and committed services in her former church, Apostle Oluwakemi Togun; a chartered accountant, successful entrepreneur and an Apostle of Jesus Christ, responded to the call of God to start a new work for Him, and which birthed Pillar of Truth Christian Ministry (Aladura) a few months ago to the glory of God.
The beautiful, deeply spiritual and highly gifted and prayerful woman of God expressed readiness and determination to further spread the gospel of Jesus Christ across nations under her own ministry.
The new white-garment church, Pillar of Truth Christian Ministry (Aladura), shortly after its official inauguration and altar dedication service, rolled out its 11-point belief system under the title: “LET’S FELLOWSHIP TOGETHER, THIS IS OUR BELIEF SYSTEM as follows:
- We belief in one God who is both transcendent (beyond human understanding) and immanent (present and active in the world)
- We believe in the Holy Trinity—Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit—as one God in three persons.
- We believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and saviour, the Son of God and the Messiah (the Anointed One) prophesied in the Old Testament.
- We believe in His life, death, and resurrection as central events in human history and the means by which people can have forgiveness of sins and eternal life.
- We believe the Bible, which consists of the Old Testament (the sacred scriptures of Judaism) and the New Testament (which includes the life and teachings of Jesus and writings by His early followers)..We considered the bible as the authoritative and inspired Word of God, providing guidance and direction for faith and practice.
- We believe in salvation by Grace, salvation, or reconciliation with God, is a gift of God’s grace (unmerited favor) and is received through faith in Jesus Christ. It is not earned through good works alone but is a result of God’s love and mercy
- We believe in Repentance and Forgiveness, acknowledging one’s sins, repenting (turning away) from them, and seeking forgiveness from God through Jesus Christ. Forgiveness and reconciliation with God are central aspects of our belief.
- We believe in Eternal Life, where the souls of believers continue to exist with God in heaven after death. This belief is grounded in the resurrection of Jesus, which offers hope for life beyond this earthly existence.
- We believe in Worship and We worship in prayer, singing hymns, and partaking in sacraments such as baptism and the Lord’s Supper (Communion). Fellowship within the church community is also important for support, spiritual growth, and mutual encouragement.
- We believe in Living According to Christian Principles, striving to live according to the teachings of Jesus, which often emphasize love, compassion, forgiveness, humility, and service to others.
- We believe in Mission and Evangelism: We are called to share our faith with others and engage in evangelism, which involves spreading the message of Jesus Christ to those who have not heard it.